The Project will be a world-class facility that incorporates state-of-the-art systems designed to prevent possible emergency scenarios. H.J. Baker has consulted with the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo and Alberta Office of the Fire Commissioner FireSmart guidelines to develop our Emergency Response Plan, and under the Incident Command System would work together with our industrial emergency response teams as well as with municipal emergency responders.
Our systems incorporate the following engineering and administrative controls:
- Operations will be monitored 24/7 by personnel trained in industrial firefighting procedures.
- Industrial firefighting contractor on standby to provide backup to plant fire brigade.
- Monitoring system for H2S and SO2 to provide early warning to operations in the event of an emergency.
- Minimization of dust accumulation and prevention of potential ignition sources.
- Solid sulphur product will be transported by covered conveyors and stored in enclosures equipped with static protection systems.
- Plant fire protection system with fire pump on emergency power supplied by fire water pond reservoir and fire pipe loop with fire monitors surrounding the bulk Sulphur storage pile.